The Top 3 Health Benefits Of A Mindfulness Practice
Jan 06, 2019
Millions of people are experiencing the life-changing effects of incorporating mindfulness into their daily lives
Living with greater consciousness, they are anchored in the present moment and are appreciating day-to-day life more fully.
By learning more about the top three health benefits of a mindfulness practice, you too can walk this simple and effective path toward wellness.
#1 Promotes Brain Health
- What mindfulness does to the brain will astound you! Backed by hard science, research provides strong evidence that the present moment awareness of mindfulness changes the brain. Enhancing your level of consciousness, it’s like Miracle-Gro for your body’s extraordinary data processor. Being mindful trains your brain to stay focused, becoming more mentally fit. Responding to neuro-stimulation like the muscles do to physical exercise, it’s like taking your brain to the gym.
- Mindfulness rewires the brain to foster well-being. By relieving stress, you will be inspired to become more in tune to your thoughts. When you become aware of your habits—whether they are good or bad—you will have the freedom to choose your path. Train your brain to notice your thought patterns.
- Encouraging your mind to look at things from a different perspective, mindfulness can deepen creative expression and sharpen critical thinking skills. Leading companies all over the world are employing mindfulness to develop a competitive edge in the workforce.
#2 Stabilizes Eating Patterns
- Mindfulness matters when you’re trying to lose weight naturally. Being mindful in and of itself is not a magic elixir when trying to lose weight. Instead, it is a tool you can employ when you are on your journey to healthy eating practices. If you battle with eating mindfully, the first thing to understand is it’s not about finding the right eating plan. It’s about identifying your problems and directing your strength and desire for health and wellness toward solutions.
- When you make use of mindful eating techniques you will be compelled to consider the action of what you’re taking in. Your attention should be directed toward the texture, color, flavor, temperature, and the sound of the food you’re eating. As well, you must be aware of what the surrounding environment is having on the mind and body experience. Are you being distracted by your cell phone, computer or social media? Are you worried about work that needs to be done, errands that need to be run, or getting your kids to their next planned activity?
- In the US, eating on the run seems to be an everyday event—American adults spend an average of 74 minutes eating each day. This estimated time includes all meals and snacks combined. When viewing this 74 minutes to include 3 meals and 3 snacks, this reflects that we spend 12 minutes on each of the 6 separate eating occasions. Learn how to promote mindfulness when eating and really enjoy your meal.
#3 Heals The Body From The Inside Out
- Life is a struggle. And more often than not, you may have learned the most difficult lessons the hard way. The thing that can make the biggest difference in your life is your attitude toward the challenge you are facing. By making a conscious decision to act instead of re-act, you can use mindfulness techniques to create optimal health and wellness. Mindfulness has a clever way of circumventing the mental patterns that cause anguish and suffering. It can quiet your mind long enough to stop the freight train of negative thoughts, judgements, and what if’s.
- When you are living every day in crisis mode, you are constantly activating the body’s stress response. More than likely, you don’t even realize how physically stressed and unbalanced you are until you make some time for peace and quiet. Learning how to use mindfulness to improve physical health can not only make you feel better right now, but it will protect your health for the long-term.
- Ancient mindfulness and relaxation techniques are steadily growing in western culture as an effective alternative to medical treatment. People who enjoy a regular mindfulness practice have been saying for centuries what medical science is now more inclined to be accepting as actual fact; methods of relaxation can also have a positive effect on your physical health.
You have the power to change your life at any given moment. By beginning today, you can reap the top three health benefits of a mindfulness practice. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
I am a corporate wellness consultant. As a master yoga instructor, I support in-house wellness programs, seminars, trade shows and executive retreats. I help business leaders build and maintain physical and mental well-being. If you would like to learn more about offering a health and fitness program to your busy management team contact me at [email protected] or 386.871.0582
CLICK HERE TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH & WELLNESS TODAY!
OPTIMAL HEALTH & WELLNESS CAN BE YOURS!
If you're searching for clear solutions and manageable strategies that will lead you to a more energetic and fulfilling lifestyle, look no further.
Receive a preview of my book Eat Like You Give A Damn FREE!