The Single-Most Effective Way To Amplify Corporate Wellness
Jan 20, 2019
When your staff feels healthy and strong, they are able to work more effectively and efficiently
Reducing health risks and improving the quality of life for staff members, your company has the opportunity to support its employees’ wellness, cultivating a high-energy workforce.
Recognize that as an employer, you have the opportunity to make a difference and you will be addressing the single-most effective way to amplify corporate wellness.
Your employees are your most valuable asset
- Busy executives have greater responsibility in their personal and professional lives than ever before. Improving the work environment by providing programs designed to adopt and maintain healthy behaviors, it is easier for employees to find a balance that fits their challenging schedules. Your employees are the number one reason why workplace wellness is important.
While it may seem counter-intuitive to take a break, it can increase productivity
- Many work environments require employees sit or stand at a desk or in front of a computer for extended periods of time. This can cause muscle tension, stiffness, fatigue and strain in the neck, arms, wrists, hands, back, and legs. Management should allow opportunities throughout the day for employees who may want to take a break to stretch.
Promote and encourage a health work-life balance
- Companies that encourage coming in early and staying late run the risk of negatively impacting the emotional stability of its workers. Encourage and reward employees based on productivity rather than hours logged. Make it clear that your company’s goal is a healthy working population.
Keeping employees healthy is a key to your company’s long-term success
- Movement is life. By allowing your employees time to be physically active you can help boost their health. You will help build confidence, increase energy, encourage better life choices, and improve mood. Whether your staff members need to power through a project for work, or clear their minds for a critical meeting, they will achieve higher levels of clarity and insight. When faced with the task of making demanding decisions they will have the upper hand. Learn more about how to improve workplace wellness so you can actually benefit from it.
Why workplace supported wellness programs are necessary—the staggering statistics
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that the number of American adults aged 20 and over that are affected with obesity is nearly 38% and those being overweight 33%. These figures, that total nearly 71%, reveal an imminent health crisis. If this trend continues, it will soon overtake smoking as the leading preventable cause of death in the US.
- Mounting job pressures, financial matters and health concerns are among the leading causes of stress in the US and the impact suffered from its adversities will take its toll. Over 70% of people in the US regularly experience physical and psychological symptoms caused by stress related ailments; with complaints of it being responsible for 75 to 90% of all doctor visits.
- Chronic diseases are the primary driver of health care costs. Seven out of every ten deaths in the US are the result of chronic diseases; subsequently causing more than 1.7 million people losing their lives every year. Not only do they spur the decline and overall health of a company’s workforce, they also lead to lower productivity and days of work missed.
You have the opportunity to make a difference; explore workplace wellness and its impact on your company’s bottom line.
More than ever before, leading companies all over the world are providing a supportive work environment to their employees. If your company isn’t among them, it should be!
Accommodate your workforce by offering in house health and fitness programs; it will be the single-most effective way to amplify corporate wellness.
I am a corporate wellness consultant. As a master yoga instructor, I support in-house wellness programs, seminars, trade shows and executive retreats. I help business leaders build and maintain physical and mental well-being. If you would like to learn more about offering a health and fitness program to your busy management team contact me at [email protected] or 386.871.0582
CLICK HERE TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH & WELLNESS TODAY!
OPTIMAL HEALTH & WELLNESS CAN BE YOURS!
If you're searching for clear solutions and manageable strategies that will lead you to a more energetic and fulfilling lifestyle, look no further.
Receive a preview of my book Eat Like You Give A Damn FREE!