Love Your Body By Recognizing The Importance Of Health & Wellness
Nov 26, 2017
Your present and future health and happiness is up to you.
Managing a lifestyle that affords you a happy, healthy existence sounds like it should be easy enough, right? Unfortunately, for many people it’s a daily struggle.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that the number of American adults aged 20 and over that are affected with obesity is nearly 38% and those being overweight 33%. These figures, that total nearly 71%, reveal an imminent health crisis. If this trend continues, it will soon overtake smoking as the leading preventable cause of death in the US.
Mounting job pressures, financial matters and health concerns are among the leading causes of stress in the US and the impact you suffer from its constant adversities will take its toll. Over 70% of people in the US regularly experience physical and psychological symptoms caused by stress related ailments; with complaints of it being responsible for 75 to 90% of all doctor visits.
Your present and future health and happiness is up to you and will depend on the choices you make for yourself. Begin today to love your body by recognizing the importance of health and wellness.
You must be proactive in order to stay healthy.
Great improvements in medicine, science and technology have enabled Americans to live longer and healthier lives than any previous generation. Unfortunately, many people fail to make the connection between adopting healthy behaviors today and the consequence of their choices tomorrow.
- Preventive care is one of the most important steps you can take to manage your health. Regular checkups and screening programs can help you and your doctor identify lifestyle changes you can make to avoid certain conditions.
- Early treatment interventions, to a large extent, can reduce the impact of chronic disease and illness. By developing a strategic plan, with clear objectives, and following through with the recommended preventive services of your personal care physician, you will be making strides toward a longer, healthier life.
You will always be a work in progress—continue to transform yourself—movement is life.
Jumpstart your journey to wellness with physical activity; exercise is about as close as you will ever get to finding the fountain of youth. Use it as a tool to become a healthier, more masterful version of yourself.
- Find a form of exercise that you enjoy and makes you feel strong. Develop an intuitive nature and find ways to stay active that promote fitness, cultivate friendships, and raise your spirits. Make exercise part of your routine because it builds a healthy body and makes you feel good. You only get one body, it is your most priceless possession, be sure to care for it.
- Stop beating yourself up every single step of the way, no body is perfect. It’s fundamental that you learn to love your body no matter what your size or shape; don’t let your physique be an excuse to keep you from participating in activities you enjoy. When life gives you curves flaunt them.
Live with greater consciousness by staying anchored in the present moment.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, chances are you’ve been introduced to the concept of mindfulness. Millions of people are recognizing the life-changing improvements and experiencing first-hand how it rewires the brain to foster well-being.
- The average person thinks about 50,000 thoughts every day; your mind constantly wanders and entertains itself with unnecessary observations. This constant mind chatter can cause added stress and anxiety; much of the time leading you to worry about things that aren’t ever going to happen, but your mind convinces you they will. Your challenge is to find a way to enter into the quiet that is buried deep beneath those thoughts.
- From keeping your brain sharp and developing critical thinking skills, to deepening your attention span and focus, mindfulness keeps your neurons firing. As well, it is known to foster creativity and learning, and enhances relationships and self-esteem.
How your body feels today, and into the future will largely depend on your daily food choices.
Eating a balanced diet, from a wide variety of nutritious, whole foods is vital for your overall well-being. For your body to live, grow, and function properly, it requires the essential nutrients from the food you eat for its good health and daily maintenance.
- No one decides what you eat except you. You have countless opportunities to head down one path or another on your journey to living a more bountiful and healthy lifestyle. If you’re serious about your well-being it’s time you be completely honest with yourself about what you’re putting in your mouth. Accept responsibility and take the steps needed to solve your dietary problems. No more explanations, no more excuses.
- If you want to eat healthy you need to eat real food. Real food doesn’t have ingredients; real food is ingredients. If it ever needed sun, dirt, or water its real food. The food giants and franchises have done a really great job of convincing the American public that they can cook better than we can for ourselves. You cannot eat off of the dollar menu and look and feel like a million bucks.
Realize that you have choices and are in control of your destiny.
It takes a tremendous amount to self-love, patience, and openness to understand who you are inside and out. If you, or someone you love, is making the hard-fought effort to regain their health and wellness, kudos to you.
Love your body by recognizing the importance of health and wellness; the quality of your life depends on it.
I am a corporate wellness consultant. As a master yoga instructor, I support in-house wellness programs, seminars, trade shows and executive retreats. I help business leaders build and maintain physical and mental well-being. If you would like to learn more about offering a health and fitness program to your busy management team contact me at [email protected] or 386.871.0582
CLICK HERE TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH & WELLNESS TODAY!
OPTIMAL HEALTH & WELLNESS CAN BE YOURS!
If you're searching for clear solutions and manageable strategies that will lead you to a more energetic and fulfilling lifestyle, look no further.
Receive a preview of my book Eat Like You Give A Damn FREE!