How Yoga Helps In Daily Life
Aug 29, 2017
If you’re anything like millions of Americans, you live in a world consumed by chaos. Life’s daily struggles can leave you feeling overwhelmed and paralyzed; draining you of your physical and emotional health.
Incorporating a regular yoga practice into your life promotes self-help and guides your body to a holistic approach toward healing. If you’re searching for a natural way to manage the hurdles and difficulties you face every day, read on to discover how yoga helps in daily life.
Physical health benefits
Yoga’s focus on your physical well-being provides undeniable benefits to your body. Preparing it for long-term health, yoga strengthens your body from the inside out.
- Improves flexibility. One of the most immediate and obvious benefits. Stretching causes muscles to lengthen, giving the body a longer, leaner look.
- Increases strength. By using your own body weight for resistance you begin to build and tone your muscles. A regular practice promotes stability and protects your body from conditions like arthritis, and back pain.
- Enhances endurance and stamina. Your muscles are challenged as the body has to work simultaneously to hold postures; revealing a new level of discipline to your anatomy.
- Boosts blood flow. Deeper breathing gets more oxygen to your blood cells and tissues; building your energy level and overall vitality.
- Refines posture. When your head is balanced over your spine it takes much less work for your neck and back to support it; decreasing the chance of experiencing muscle and joint problems.
- Promotes lymph circulation. When you contract and extend your muscles, you increase the drainage of lymph fluid and boost immunity. You are actively fighting infection, destroying cancerous cells, and disposing of toxic waste products.
- Builds bone health. It’s well documented that the weight bearing exercise of yoga increases bone mineral density in the hips, spine and wrists; the bones most vulnerable to fracture.
- Develops balance. A regular yoga practice increases proprioception—knowing where your body is in relation to its surrounding space. Improving your balance, yoga helps prevents the likelihood of falls.
- Heightens the placebo effect. Your mind is a more powerful tool than you may realize. Science has found that under the right circumstances, a placebo can be just as effective as traditional treatments. Believing you will get better can help your body in the healing process.
- Augments self-care. Yoga introduces you to tools to help you cultivate a more positive relationship with your body. The combination of yoga’s gentle movements, deep breathing and mindfulness techniques introduces your body to an elevated state of awareness.
Emotional health benefits
Yoga is not about working out. It’s about shifting from days full of to-do lists, to one in which you create a more well-rounded lifestyle.
- Intensifies happiness. Your level of enjoyment deepens because of the chemical reactions in your body. Yoga triggers the release of the essential hormone oxytocin, which floods your body with feelings of satisfaction and well-being.
- Supports a healthier lifestyle. The spiritual and emotional dimensions of a yoga practice are enlightening; opening your mind to new ways of thinking. Yoga can be very effective in developing coping skills and reaching a more positive outlook on life.
- Deepens focus. Yoga’s attention to practicing mindfulness brings you into the present moment. Enhancing your attention span and improving your level of consciousness, your brain becomes more mentally fit.
- Lowers stress. Encouraging you to evaluate situations before you react to them, yoga teaches you to approach problems more rationally and logically. Taking a moment to pause and reflect will give you greater control of the matter at hand.
- Promotes peace of mind. A regular yoga practice has the potential to be a transformative and insightful journey. By guiding you to tune into your mind, body and spirit, you can tap into your spiritual well-being.
- Elevates self-esteem. Helping you to accept yourself as you are, yoga encourages you to recognize all that you are capable of. A natural confidence booster, you will soon become aware of the qualities that make you one-of-a-kind.
- Builds inner strength. Speaking to your ability to deal with fear, doubt, and insecurity, yoga can help you develop mental fortitude and tenacity. A never-ending journey, yoga continuously inspires and elevates your spirit, making your inner strength unshakeable.
- Awakens awareness. Yoga challenges you to look at things from a different perspective. It asks you to allow your mind to be open to imagining and exploring. With this heightened state of awareness, you will always be a work in progress.
- Fosters relationships. If you can deepen the level of intimacy with yourself, you can build stronger relationships with others. The inner reflection that is experienced from practicing yoga is conducive to complete well-being. If you want to create deeper, more sustainable connections, bring yoga into your life.
- Cultivates kindness. With the world being the frantic place it is, you can’t always control what comes your way. Focusing on the positive things in life, you can learn to transform your thoughts and how you interact with others. Oftentimes, it’s the smallest gesture or kind word that will brighten your day and bring you closer to friends and strangers alike.
Yoga has the potential to change your physical and emotional well-being. By bringing personal satisfaction and lasting transformation into your busy life you are preparing your mind and body for long-term health benefits.
Begin practicing today and experience for yourself how yoga helps in daily life.
I am a corporate wellness consultant. As a master yoga instructor, I support in-house wellness programs, seminars, trade shows and executive retreats. I help business leaders build and maintain physical and mental well-being. If you would like to learn more about offering a health and fitness program to your busy management team contact me at [email protected] or 386.871.0582
CLICK HERE TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH & WELLNESS TODAY!
OPTIMAL HEALTH & WELLNESS CAN BE YOURS!
If you're searching for clear solutions and manageable strategies that will lead you to a more energetic and fulfilling lifestyle, look no further.
Receive a preview of my book Eat Like You Give A Damn FREE!